I haven't blogged in over a year. A year. Many things have happened. I thought I'd do a year in review, but now as I've sat down to look over our year through pictures I may need to break it down into months. :)
Jan-March were good to us.
January's cold was intense.
February brought birthdays and love.
March brought birthdays, spring, and adventures.
January's cold was intense.
February brought birthdays and love.
March brought birthdays, spring, and adventures.
I turned 28 and Michael turned 31 in February. For some reason, my husband wants to believe it was my 29th birthday. I think he is tired of being the only one rockin' the 30's. We both had fun parties with the kids. I had a glow in the dark party and Michael got a star wars theme!
And then spunky little girl Kailey turned 6 in March. She wanted a palace pet party and asked for a Princess Belle dress. (Belle is still her favorite princess and her favorite color is still pink although sometimes she thinks it's blue.)
Kailey and Michael went to a daddy daughter dance. It was the sweetest. Her excitement was palpable that day and she is looking forward to their next dance.
Both she and Haiden played spring soccer. It felt more like winter soccer.
Haiden participated in his first Pinewood Derby in cub scouts and he even won.
In March, Michael and I went on our 10 year anniversary trip to Kauai! It was beautiful, and we left trying to figure out a way to move there. Kauai has a spirit that truly stays with you- we cannot wait to take our kids there one day!
It became obvious to me that Haiden is getting bigger. He is nearly my size and can hold my weight on his back while crawling. Oh the things we discover!
And K lost her first tooth.
She discovered what the tooth fairy was all about, and by the end of year she had lost 4 baby teeth total and was missing her 2 front teeth by the end of Dec.
Our family lost an amazing woman in January. Our dear Meme is missed fiercely by her family and friends. Her loss was a surprise to us all and that sadness still seems fresh at times. I did write a blog post in honor of her on the other blog for cakes.



No comments:
Post a Comment