Saturday, December 31, 2016

2016. July-August.

July.
We loved July. 
July was hot and fun. 

August.
August brought school and change. 
August was good to us even though we were sad to feel the end of summer.




My Mom came to visit us for the 4th-- we went to a hometown parade and spent the evening watching fireworks with new friends. 





I don't think I've mentioned just how much we love our new neighborhood and neighbors yet. 
We got pretty lucky! 

After the 4th Michael, Haiden, and I set out on an adventure to Havasupai near the Grand Canyon. We flew into Las Vegas and met up with family. After spending a night in Vegas, we drove the rest of the way to the trail head and began our 10 mile hike into the canyon. 


It was amazing. 





And this kid did it all. 
We were so proud of his hiking ability. He hiked until he could no longer hike anymore without complaint, and then he woke up each day after and hiked more. He jumped waterfalls and made my heart do flips watching him. 




Logan turned 5 on July 28th! He had a star wars themed party at home. It's sometimes hard to believe how big he is-- he got a bike for his birthday and it took him no time to learn to ride it with no training wheels. He is loaded with passion and enthusiasm for life and his family. 



(There is a fun video on our family youtube page.)

Later in July, our friends we met years ago during our first year in Utah came to visit us. Sometimes I think their friendships has to be #2 reason Heavenly Father sent us to Utah-- if anything we can call them a bonus blessing! 






And to give a little update on our Chicks.... in July they were about this big and super friendly! :)

All in all, we all agreed it was our most fun summer we've had yet-- from the weather to just time well spent time with family-- it was a great one!!


August brought the return to school. We thought long and hard about homeschooling. I know I've blogged about that before and as I've always said it is an option always on the table. In this case, we decided to go on with public school.  

I took a deep, deep breath and saw them all off with no tears. 



This year we have Kailey and Logan together at the elementary, and Haiden moved up to the upper elementary. 










No comments:

Post a Comment