Saturday, December 31, 2016

2016. Sept.


September wasn't the greatest. 
It brought new trials and stresses. 
We didn't love September, but we survived. 


I got a call from Kailey's school that she had fallen at recess... and you guessed it, her arm was broke.

Let me just say this girl is tough.  I could tell she was in the pain the moment I walked in her school and saw her sitting in the nurses office. It was there in her brown eyes, even though she barely cried. 



She had fallen off a balance beam at the playground near the end of recess, and then went to class without telling anyone how bad her arm was hurt. She then even tried to do her classwork, and then tried to use her left hand when her right just wouldn't work. It was then discovered that something wasn't ok as she was cradling her arm. That is Kailey. My tough girl who broke an arm and still tried to keep going with barely a tear shed. 

To add to the stress, we discovered lice. Lice. I will admit it was a fear of mine to be plagued by lice. My fear became reality-- my child had come home from school with a broken arm and lice. 

For anyone with kids who has been here, let me paint this picture: Lice medication has soaked in, and now we are all sitting in the living room on towels while we comb meticulously through each strand of hair. And then, ding dong goes the door bell.  
Ah! Nightmare!! 

Sadly, we didn't catch it as early as we should/could have--- I can only claim the excuse of the broken arm to have clouded my eyes. Kailey broke her arm on a Thursday afternoon, and I didn't notice the Lice plague until late Saturday! Long enough for us all to be infected-- some worse than others, but Kailey was definitely ground zero. 
Ah! Nightmare!! 

And the nightmare doesn't end immediately. There is a great deal of cleaning and laundry involved. We also have to redo the hair treatment a week later and watch very, very closely for the remaining nits. I will live happily if I never have to touch another lice comb. I promise. The end. I hope. 

Even with it all... life went on..
  Spirit week at their school was fun. 

Decade day for Haiden and Mix-Match day for K and Logan
Belle and Ash Ketchum
Demon spirit day
Harry Potter 
Haiden played flag football-- it was fun to watch-- and at the end of the season the 3rd & 4th graders were able to play a scrimmage game during the half time of the freshman game on the big field. Haiden played quarterback. It happened to be his turn at QB, and he was a tad nervous. They managed to complete a pass though!




Our chickens laid their first egg!! Michael and Logan were beyond happy! 




September passed... and our Halloween planning was in full swing! 












No comments:

Post a Comment