The day after Halloween was my mom and grandmother's last day visiting. We had planned to eat and visit the boutiques in town.
While we were out to eat I got a phone call from Kailey's teacher. When I saw her calling in the middle of the day, my heart dropped. She told me K had been pushed down at recess and her arm didn't look good. I didn't want to believe what she was saying. K's arm was slightly bent after the cast removal, and we were told it would straighten out with time. I told her teacher this and she told me she would send me a picture.....
We immediately went to her school and I tried so hard to be brave. I walked into that room, took one look at my baby girl's arm and felt sick. It was so bent there was no question it was re-broke.
I called our orthopedic dr's nurse and sent her pictures. They sent us to Mercy hospital's ER. They treated us so good. She needed to have a closed reduction under anesthesia.
I sat in the room looking into her eyes thinking she has no idea how amazing she is....would you believe my brave little girl never cried? She had tears when I explained what it meant for her to be under anesthesia and tears when she got an iv, but those tears never fell. I, on the other hand, cried my eyes out when she wasn't looking.
I cried for Kailey.
I cried for Haiden.
I cried for all my stresses.
I cried in my fears.
I cried in gratitude to Heavenly Father for my blessings.
I won't ever forget Kailey being wheeled away from me into the OR and feeling utterly helpless.
How grateful I am for tender mercies. I think Heavenly Father knew I needed someone to go with me, because I wouldn't have handled being alone a second time well at all. My mom being there was no small thing, and I won't forget that piece of graciousness I was given for having her with us.
She can do hard things.
3 days later...
All the kids were supposed to be in their beds. Ella for whatever reason was up and in the boys room. She and Logan were playing on Haiden's bed, and Ella pushed Logan who landed on the corner of their Lego table.
He did not need stitches, but he sure has a scar and a story to share.
And our wits had met their end.
The days following Haiden's return to school, my nerves were calmed by Haiden's awesome teacher who kindly sent me pictures throughout the day to let me know everything was ok. I cannot express words enough to say how much I appreciated every picture, text, and phone call.
For those keeping tally: lice, broke arm, broke leg, totaled mini v, re-broke arm, bloody eyebrow.
We needed some happiness.... and maybe... bubble wrap.
Instead we had a birthday party!
Little miss Ella turned 4! She wanted a rainbow duck birthday:)
She is the perfect mixture of sweet and sassy. Her favorite color is blue, favorite books are the Gossie and Gertie tales, her favorite movie is either "Barbie and the puppies" or "Lalaloopsy on Netflix", and her favorite food is cheese.
Even among our troubles, I think she had a fun birthday. This little girly is full of snuggles and love. I'm so glad we were able to celebrate with her.
Later in the month, we had some good winning moments! We literally took over the dentist office and no one had any cavities! Woo hoo!
And we managed to replace our lost mini V:
And before we left for Utah, the cast buddies had an appt...
they both received x-rays and fresh casts.
| waiting for x-rays on the right, and fresh green casts on the left. |
And then off we went on a much needed Thanksgiving vacation ...
I won't lie, we were a tad nervous given our recent track record...
but we made it safely to family in Utah.
And it was a great "re-charge".
We were able to stay for nearly 2 weeks. We played at nana's, played at Keri and Scott's, got to meet a new cousin/nephew and got to know Daniel's new wife, we saw precious friends, visited Temple Square...
Family, Friends, and Faith... is where joy is found.



No comments:
Post a Comment