KK loves being involved in her preschool co-op group!
It started Sept 3rd.
That first morning after she woke up, I told her she needed to get dressed because she was going to preschool! Her eyes lit up!
She turned to Haiden and proudly said, "Haiden! I'm going to preschool Like you!"
Haiden's response was something like, "Um actually I go to school Kailey. You are going to preschool. And not in my same building."
Kailey then said, "Yea! but I'm big too!"
Needless to say it was a fun morning, and I am so glad that I am writing about it.
I hope to always remember the funny conversations and moments that make life zesty and worth living.
After I picked her up a few hours later, she said things like:
"Mom! I made new friends! And they like me!"
"They were really nice. I was nice too!"
"My friends are so fun!"
"I want to go again!"
She chatted my ear off the entire way home. I love that she had a great time and that she truly enjoys it, but man where did my little baby KK go?
Here is a picture of their first day:
That first week was exciting for miss K because not only did she get to start preschool, but she started a ballet class the next day!
So! The next morning when Kailey woke up, I told her that later she would get to go to her dance class! Her eyes lit up again.
She turned to Haiden and said, "Hey Haiden, I'm going to my dance class!"
He responded with a slow exaggerated, "Yea.. I know Kailey."
I never want to forget how excited and happy she was to get to that class.
As we drove there she kept asking why it was taking so long and if we were almost there.
I stayed to watch all these super cute girls dressed in their ballet outfits prance around and have fun!
I was pretty excited to find out about a girl from a nearby ward who decided to put together some affordable classes. It works out so well because I will be able to gage if dance is something that K will really enjoy in an affordable way. Dance is very expensive and I only wish her to do it if she really and truly enjoys it-makes the expense worth it. She also gets to be in class with her friends from our ward- which is quite possibly the part that she loves best.
Kailey seems to be really enjoying it. She dances around our house all the time, so I thought this would be perfect! Thus far, she hasn't shown much interest in actually practicing ballet position at home- she seems more of a "just let me do my own jig kinda girl".
I believe they will be learning a dance which will be so cute/fun/interesting to see!
(Thank you to some pretty awesome ladies in a nearby ward for 1. teaching the ballet class and 2. for opening your home.)



No comments:
Post a Comment