It is crazy to think our little man is 6 years old!!
6!
We have a 6 year old!
He is growing up way too fast!
We had planned to celebrate this kids birthday in MO at the Great Wolf Lodge, but then we found out Michael's high school reunion was scheduled for the same week he had off-- the weekend before our Great Wolf Lodge stay. So, we decided to drive to MS and since there is a good amount of family there we thought why not have party too? SO this little man ended up (unintentionally) having a huge birthday that lasted an entire week.
We had his party at Gah's (my mom) house! The whole front two rooms were decorated TMNT style! (Thank you so much to Gah who opened up her home to a big party with lots of awesome decorations!)
Haiden and Bryson- I love that he has a cousin his age! It makes for fun MS trips!
The video below is of Haiden opening gifts:
Here is more of an up-close picture of the cake I made this year! He was a lot of fun to make!
Dave and Stephanie brought over the jump house and the kids loved it! They had a great time playing with each other! (Thank ya'll for letting bringing and setting up such fun entertainment)
My beautiful mom and sweet Ella.
See any family resemblance?
I found pictures of me as a baby which looked just like Ella-
I guess I should say Ella looked just like me.
And I ended up looking a lot like my momma.
(Don't tell her but I've never cared much when people say how much we look alike-- I've heard it all my life-- the truth is I think my momma is one very pretty lady so who cares? ;) --)
Ella with Gran-Nana (my nana)! I don't get to see my family nearly enough so it is always so nice to be able to see my nana.
And yes, this is basically the best picture we got of us all after the party!! but I love it! I love my family and I think Haiden had a great party! In the end that is all the matters. I wanted him to feel just exactly how special he is and how happy we are that he has been in our lives for the past 6 years!
AND- once we got back home from MS and from our mini trip in MO-- normal life set in-- and even though he missed his actual birthday day at Karate, he did not miss out on his Birthday Whoopin'! Watch the fun video below:
No comments:
Post a Comment