Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Ella is Walking!


Our sweet Ella. 

I wanted to take a minute to catch up on the things little Ella has been up to lately. In some ways, all the cute things about her personality, milestones, and accomplishment are like our best kept secrets since we do not live around family.  We literally experience them all within our not-so-little family and through the course of a busy week, I usually forget to share these types of things with others.  

Ella is our first baby who puts everything in her mouth. Everything. I had always heard of babies who do that sort of thing, but I never had one until Ella. Heavenly Father has truly been with our baby girl because there has been more times that I care to admit where a harmless toy piece could have been the end of her life.  

In a family with 3 other young siblings keeping the floor clear of small objects and crumbs is near impossible. 

On one particularly trying day I dug out a lipgloss cap, a tiny plastic sonic the hedgehog shoe, a small piece of plastic, an earring back, and a pieces of candy wrapper. So you see, she has truly been blessed because in each of these moments someone was around or just happened to see.  I have thanked Heavenly Father several times for allowing myself, Michael, K, Haiden, and even a couple times Logan to notice and help. 

At 9 months old, this problem finally started getting better.  She still puts things in her mouth and we are still trying to be diligent, but thankfully it has seemed to get better. Also at 9 months, this tiny little thing started trying to walk. She took her first 2 steps the week in August and has been working on her skills ever since. 

At 9.5 months, she was taking several steps. 

Now, she can walk across the room! 
However, she still drops to a crawl when she is in a hurry. 

From about 4 -6 months, She went through a funny habit of playing with her tongue.  Every time she smiled out would come that cute tongue.

Currently, her new thing is a crinkle nosed smile which melts my heart every time. 

The best way I can find to describe her personality at this moment is by saying she is the sweetest of them all.

We have several videos of her walking, so here is a few: 











No comments:

Post a Comment