Tuesday, October 8, 2013

A PZ Weekend.


So I had a Pink Zebra booth in the Liberty Fall Festival! I had never done anything like this before, so it was all new and fun to me! :) 



We had to set up on Friday by 10 am.  I was blessed to have my mom be able to fly out and help! And, wow was she such a big help! We managed to get everything set up and then she took the kids back home until Michael got off work. Once he got off work, she came to join the fun under the hot pink tent! 

Not a lot of people know about Pink Zebra, so it was a lot of explaining.  We had all the cartons out on a table and offered an empty jar to fill with a recipe of the customer's choice! Even though it was a lot of explaining, it was fun to see someone understand and get excited! Lets face it.. if you love home fragrance, Pink Zebra is where it is at because you can mix and match fragrances and be in complete control over what your are melting and how much you are melting! I LOVE it and found sharing it with random people at the festival was very fun!! 


Day 2-- was interesting.  The weather did not corporate well.  It stormed all morning-- We didn't see any festival goers til noon-- but even then dreary weather replaced the storms that was followed by strong winds! And since this was my first festival ever, I had no idea that I needed extra weights to hold the canopy to the group! Thus, we blew away!!


This is the a picture of the rain storm from inside our hot pink mess-- You may think that it was terrible to be stuck in a canopy tent during a rain storm, but it wasn't too bad. 


Now when I say we blew away.. I do not mean that we had to chase down our pink canopy like a lost umbrella, but we did have to hold it down with considerable strength. We had all four sides up during the rain, so when the wind began we had to run around tearing down the walls to allow air flow or we probably would have been chasing our canopy down the street. The wind picked up and our weights just weren't holding us to the ground, so we took down our tables and product and lowered the canopy to wait out the wind-- but this is missouri, right? And Missouri is breezy on a daily basis so the chances of the wind departing quickly was slim. I left to get cinder blocks to help hold us down while my mom manned the empty struggling hot pink mess. Much thanks to our booth neighbor and friends at Karate for Kids who lent us a bucket to help until we secured ourselves. 






I arrived with cinder blocks, but lost my awesome vendor parking place.  I was determined to get my cinder blocks to our booth... So, I grabbed a block and started walking.  It was proving to be pretty heavy, so thankfully I ran into a man with a dolly who agreed to help! We got our cinder blocks and were back in business.



From about 2 til 4, festival goers were steady but slim. (Thanks to the weather-- which also bought in cold air, did I mention that? It got cold pretty quickly.)

But from 4 til close, things picked up-- :) 



Michael even helped-- donned the Apron and sold some jars while we took a break and took the kids to the carnival. 


All in all we had a great adventure! It was fun and I learned a ton.  We enjoyed talking to people and sharing Pink Zebra even if I almost lost my voice by Saturday night. I especially loved having some ladies call a few days later to tell me how much they love their PZ! 

Thank you to my mom who flew out to help!! I would have been in several tricky/stressful spots without you!! And having you with me was so, so fun!! Great memories for sure! 

Thank you to Michael who took care of the kids friday and saturday! He did such an awesome job and was so supportive! I couldn't have asked for a better husband and best friend to spend this life with-- if you had any doubts, just take another look at the picture above. 

Thank you to any friends who stopped by to show support! It felt great to see each of you randomly through the weekend.

And Thank you to every one who took the time to listen to our PZ spill and who did themselves a favor and chose to experience some awesome home fragrances! 

So excited for my new recruits and anyone who has called since to schedule a party! 






No comments:

Post a Comment