Wednesday, February 23, 2011

It's been a short spell since I last posted something, so I figured I might as well. 


News: Kailey is officially walking!! She started in the middle of February, but last Sunday was the day she got it basically down.  She's so stinkin cute walking wabbly around, trying to keep up. ;)


Michael has had a total of three dreams (I think) about us having twins.  Which, I do not think is possible.  I have no twins in my family.  But, has got me thinking about what it would be like and how I would feel to have twins.  Scared. Terrified. That is just the beginning of emotions.  Firstly, I know what it feels like to have one newborn baby.  I will say that Kailey was not stressful.  I sort of chalk that up to the fact that I knew what I was doing and was able to remain calm and understand better what her cries could mean.  Experience saved me for sure.  I will admit, there were times with newborn Haiden that I was just stressed. I remember this one day where my boobs were hurting, mainly it was my nipples, but that doesn't mean you can just stop feeding the baby.  I cried and cried.  I remember my nipples cracking slightly, and just looking at them in the mirror-- they were big, yes.. but gosh they just looked sad and painful.  I cried again.  There was another time when I was positive Haiden was going through a growth spurt, and it happened during those first few weeks while I was having boob difficultly... at one point he was crying, I was crying.. and Michael was sleeping.  At that time, Michael was working nights.. so sleep was of course understandable, but I remember being so, so angry. Thankfully, all that drama passed... and breastfeeding became a breeze after the first few weeks.  So you can see... if none of this happened with Kailey, then one has a reason to believe that experience mattered.  I understood breastfeeding better... truly I thought of myself as pro. ha ha And, when she cried... well, I handled things much, much better.  SO back to my thoughts on twins! I have no experience with two babies at once! But, I can imagine.  Feeding two, getting up with two, being aware and changing diapers for two... the list goes on and on.  Everything is doubled.  Not to mention, I already have two.  Three, I'm betting and feel confident that I can handle.  So let's just hope Michael's on going dreams are just that. Dreams.  Dreams that began with our geek-end of Star Wars and that is all. :) 


Anywho! I have a dr appt today! I get to hear ONE tiny beating heartbeat :) This is the dumb one because the next time I go, in March, we get to find out what we are having!! 


Anyway- that is as good of an update as any. 

No comments:

Post a Comment