Thursday, March 10, 2011

March. March. March.

I haven't had much time for blogging lately, but this morning I woke up with no book to read.  Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson.  I would recommend this book in a heartbeat.  It is such a well written, interesting trilogy.  Allomancy: the ability to burn certain metals within oneself.  It allows the "misting" or "mistborn" to  have certain powers.  Each of the burning metals will provide a certain power.  Example: when tin is burned it provides the users with enhanced senses.  A misting is one who can burn only one type of metal.  In the series these are rare people, but even rarer are the mistborn.  A mistborn can burn all metals which would make them the ultimate being or weapon.  Mix this theory with an ultimate ruler in an empire built on slavery and survival.  A great book indeed.  I enjoyed it almost as much as I enjoyed the Sword of Truth Series.  Let me put it this way, they are both high on list and could provide a nice fight over first place. :))

So anyway, March is here and it has brought a new clinical site for Michael.  Heber Valley is much closer and much slower.  I cannot begin to explain how grateful I am for this clinical site.  Texas is next on the list after these two blissful months.  I'm going to try and remember to be grateful every day that Michael comes home.... I don't want to take it for granted and then wake up to find Texas knocking on my door.  :( 

In other news, Kailey turns one on sunday!! It's hard to believe that it has been a year already since she was born.  I am so thankful to my Heavenly Father for blessing us with such a sweet little girl.  She brings such joy to our life.  We are celebrating her birthday on saturday and I have taken it upon myself to make her cake.  Lets hope and pray I do good... Pictures to come for sure!

Baby Update:

Pregnancy is going well.  I have had no complaints from myself thus far.  We get to find out on March 23 if we will be welcoming a boy or girl into the family. I'm so, so excited.  People say that a person carries boys vs girls differently.  Haiden was breezy and nice.. Kailey was not so nice.  I was nauseous all the way through and frankly, it just hurt to carry her.  I can't remember when the pain of carrying her began exactly.. but I do know that I was nauseous the whole time.  SO, if I carry these two genders the same... could that mean a boy? So far this has been a nice pregnancy.  I would love a girl or a boy... so truly I'm just excited.  But I do find it interesting to see-- will I fall into the category of people who say they can tell what they are having just by how they are carrying? Or like the chinese gender prediction, will I find that it doesn't work for me? (By the way, the chinese say we are having a girl, though I consulted it for Haiden and he was meant to be a girl according to it's calculations.. so therefore I cannot trust it for its accuracy.  Really, any chart or survery you do has a 50% chance of being right.. the odds are always fairly even on the matter.) 

Current Names in agreement:

Girl: Avery McGowan.  Though, I like Avery Ella McGowan.  I cannot officially say Ella, because Michael hasn't completely agreed yet.   But, this is his first name to come up with that isn't a joke.  And by joke, I do mean joke.  He likes to come up with off the wall names, instead of real usable names.  

Boy: Garren Michael McGowan.  This is the current boy name that is standing out at the moment. 

(All names are subject to debate and change between me and michael so they may very well change.)

No comments:

Post a Comment