Blackfoot water is like poison to my kids.
For the past week, I have off and on been dealing with either poop, puke, or both. We have figured out it is definitely the water though. We normally give 50/50 apple juice to the kids, so I did this the day after we arrived. Haiden was plagued with diarrhea and Kailey puked like 3 times that night. We kept them away from the water, and the following day was free of excessive puke and poop. But of course my wonderful kids decide to hop in the bath and squirt water at each other and well, end up drinking bath tub water. So we had an episode of puke and poop again in the night and following day. Last night, I turned away from Kailey for a second while she was in the tub, and caught her licking water like a puppy. We went through all available blankets and diapers last night. Have I mentioned Kailey's love for her blanket? She has this blanket that she loves. She has to have it when she sleeps at night. She sucks on the edges, which I find gross, but whatever she loves it. This blanket managed to miss the first few puke episodes, but last night it wasn't so lucky. Poor baby girl didn't feel good and I had to take her blanket to the washing machine. So not only was she not feeling so well, I made her super sad and more uncomfortable by having to take away the blanket. But oh, the happiness on her face was priceless this morning when I returned it to her. She has been carrying it around the house ever since. We also had a diaper emergency in which Kailey ran out this morning. Michael had to leave the hospital (luckily he was in between cases) to get her a small, cheap pack.
I've been changing diapers, wiping butt, and washing clothes since 6:30 this morning. Anyone want to trade places? ;)) I'd rather be at a spa having a relaxing massage or laying somewhere nice, cool, and pretty reading my book undisturbed.
Bright spot? The water doesn't bother Michael and I. And, Logan has been fine. :) Actually the little guy has been sleeping wonderfully at night. He'll wake up once to eat and then easily goes back to sleep when I lay him down.
Well thats my morning and my post! Hope someone out there who is having a stressful or down kind of morning is reading and thinking, "now, at least this wasn't my morning." And maybe that persons mood can be boosted in some small way.
That is so bizarre!! You should call the local water people so they know! What are you guys doing in Blackfoot by the way? Hope it gets better. Costco has really cheap bottled water :) Good luck!
ReplyDeleteI know right?! Its pumped from a well so we think there is just something in it that the kid's tiny bodies don't like. :/ Blackfoot is michael's last clinical site, and luckily it comes with a nice, furnished apt so we can come up here with him some. We are heading home for the weekend though. And the kids and I won't come back til late next week or weekend.
ReplyDeleteHeather. You are so awesome. I am always in awe of everything you do. I hope you're enjoying the back and forth between ID and UT and that you get to spend time with Michael. :)
ReplyDelete