Sunday, September 18, 2011

Look and Listen to KK's hissy fit!


We were on our way to a beast feast, when our darling daughter decided to throw a fit like she never has before.   As we were getting ready to leave the house, I put her jeans on her which for some reason she did not want to wear.  She kept tugging on them and trying to pull them off, but it was slightly chilly outside so going pants-less was out of the question.  By the time we got to the park where the beast feast was going to be held, she had progressed from whining, to crying, to finally flat out hissy fit tantrum.  I started thinking that maybe there was something in her pants or diaper that was causing a problem, so I checked but there was nothing wrong.  When I tried to put her pants back on, she flipped out even more.  I offered her a different option of pants, but she didn't want those either.  We thought about going home and putting her to bed, but then I just couldn't let her win.  So, I put her feet on the cold gravel without pants to let her finish out her fit in the most uncomfortable way possible. 





Since the pictures don't give much justice to the situation... here is a video:




After having her fit on gravel for a few minutes, I then put her back in the car and shut the door.  Michael and Haiden went to the feast while I waited outside the car until she finally got all the tantrum out. When the crying and screaming simmered down, I peeked in the window to see a pair of big watery eyes looking back at me like they were saying, "I'm sorry." I opened the door and asked if she was quite finished so we could put pants on and go find dad and Haiden, she nodded yes.  Exactly ten minutes after her gravel fit and containment in the car, she looked like this:


Now, how sweet does that face look?! Ten minutes later and she is back to our little Kailey that we know and love. 
We went to the feast, returned home where she went straight to bed for a her bad behavior. 

I'm truly happy to report that both Michael and I kept our patience and tempers in check. 



2 comments:

  1. You two are such good parents! She sure has a darling smile! Love the pictures of Idaho falls and your cute little house! Glad things are going well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me laugh so hard. Girls are so fun.

    ReplyDelete