Pawpaw D came to visit! Haiden and Kailey had a blast playing with him today! (and Phoebe was happy to see him as well. ha)
Here is the funny story though-- After playing rough and hard for a couple hours with Pawpaw D, around 3pm he, Keri, and Scott left to go to D.I and Walmart, but Haiden just couldn't seem to get the "rough play" out of his system. So, poor Kailey got tackled. I mean, tackled very good too. I saw the whole thing as if it were in slow motion. Haiden leaned down and got her right at the hips. Her torso went over his shoulders, back down to hit the rocking chair, and then ended up landing underneath the rocking chair. Kailey looked traumatized. Needless to say, Haiden went to the corner for time out. While in the corner, he wouldn't hush. He kept talking and talking. I finally had to tell him that he wasn't coming out of the corner til he stood quietly. After almost 20 minutes in the corner, he finally got quiet and soon after I let him out.
He immediately says, "Mom! Want to hear my song?"
"Of course."
"Okay, well listen," he says.
He then gets on the couch and sings this:
After he finished I asked him where he had learned the song. He said, "I made it up when I was in the corner."
"Oh! So that's what you were doing?"
"Yes, it's my corner song," he explained.
About 30 minutes after this, we went out to the playground to meet up with his all time current best friend: Aiden. On the way he tells me, "Mom, I think I'm going to tell my song to Aiden so he can know to choose the right and not be bad."
...and he totally did sing it for Aiden. Twice.
:)
What a cutie!! Don't kids sometimes make it super hard for us to stay mad at them!? :)
ReplyDeletelol- awesome.
ReplyDelete