Sunday, August 30, 2015

Haiden's Baptism

In our church, kids who reach the age of 8 years old are given the choice to be Baptized. It has been very surreal to think of this upcoming choice and event in Haiden's life. I remember thinking about it shortly after he was born. I wondered what he would choose and where we would be in life. 

Michael and I asked Haiden what he thought of Baptism, what it meant to him, and what he would choose to do. He is such a smart, loving person. He has faith and an understanding that continually amazes us. It is a faith and understanding that we pray will continue to grow throughout the years, and will sustain him in all future parts of his life. 



A few weeks before his baptism date, we took him to the temple to take pictures for his invitations. After uploading them, I was struck by how grown up he looked in each one. I realized I did not take pictures of a child that day, I took pictures of a boy shaping up into an amazing young man.  


This was such a special day:

Sunday, August 30, 2015
This is a copy of the program that night. 




We felt so blessed to be able to share this moment with family and friends. Thank you to everyone who came to his baptism.  Your presence was felt and noticed-- each one of you made this night feel full of love and support for Haiden. (For those in our family who wished to be there, we felt your love from miles away through your kind words and please know you were missed.)




Our hearts were so full-- the spirit in the room was undeniable. 
 We thank the Lord every day for our family and the blessings we have both big and small. Nothing is ever quite perfect in this life, but with faith and a firm foundation in Heavenly Father and in the gospel of Jesus Christ nothing is impossible.


No comments:

Post a Comment