Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Haiden is a 1st grader!!

 
1st day 
of the 1st grade!!

We woke up this morning and began a new routine. 
After getting dressed I made breakfast, packed a school lunch, and made sure everyone else was dressed and ready to see our favorite oldest brother off to school. 

We left a tad early so I could snap some pictures, and then off we went. As we pulled into his school, I had this nice familiar feeling that said, "we have done this before, all is well." It was nice to not feel as anxious as I felt the first day of Kindergarten. 

As we turned in to the school parking lot, I asked Haiden if I could walk him to the door.  With reluctance he answered that I could, but for a sad second I thought he was going to say no. 

I parked the car and as we started walking through the parking lot, he grabbed my hand which almost felt like he was reassuring me instead of the other way around.  The gesture touched my heart until we arrived at the side walk where he quickly dropped my hand and started walking faster. He walked to the front door and didn't look back until he heard me telling him "I'll see you this afternoon".  In truth, I'm not even sure he heard me; but he did give me a big smile before he turned and walked out of sight. 

My heart ached and felt a swelling of pride at the same time. 

Our little guy is growing up and since I haven't found a way to slow down time, I am truly enjoying the time I have been blessed to witness.  
I hope he has a fantastic year full of learning, friends, and fun! 





No comments:

Post a Comment