Monday, November 4, 2013

It's Halloween Night! Ahoy!!



SO- I think we are all pretty much in agreement: this Halloween was the best yet! 

Not only did we rock our theme/costumes, but we were able to dress up a ton more than previous years.  

We started our night out in Downtown Liberty Square.  It was perfect because the square had a fun fall feel to it and it gave us somewhere fun to go at 5:00pm when it is still light outside.  We all enjoyed it and will probably do that again next year!





Another thing about downtown is that it turned out to be a great place to take pictures!! 
I love the fall leaves and the awesome red-ish tree in the background.



"Ahoy!"


"Yay Hey No Way" 


So us girls love Tinker Bell- and even though she technically isn't in the show (yet!), I thought Ella was a perfect Tiny Tink and fit in perfectly! 



This year we modified and made different aspects of our costumes- Smee's shirt ironically gave me the most grief, but we are happy with how they turned out! 

After we left Liberty Square, we went back to our neighborhood for more trick or treating! We drove around to flat streets (because MO is a very hilly state and so is our neighborhood).  Once we found a flat one with lots of porch lights on, we'd park and hop out to fill our bags with yet more candy! Have I mentioned that we are now sugar addicts?



After trick or treating- we started a new tradition- Waffle House! 

We had a tradition of going to Taco Bell with our family in Utah (who Rocked 2 chickens and a rooster costume by the way!), so as we were driving Michael said, "Well, should we go to Taco Bell?" We thought for a minute and then he said, "Well, I guess we went to Taco Bell because there is no Waffle House in Utah." Exactly. 

Side note: if you have dressed up as a family before and have not gone out to eat afterwords, I encourage everyone to do so.  It's so fun walking into a place in costume on Halloween night! 



We had an awesome night and throughly enjoyed our new Waffle House tradition! 
Poor Tiny Tink didn't make it- she slept straight through eating... 




We are crossing our fingers that we will be able to pull off another complete family theme next year! We heard Haiden say a few times that he'd rather just be spiderman- Lame. Veto. He knows he had a blast with us! But it awakened us to the thought that the day is getting closer when he will veto us. ;) We shall see what next year has in store, but either way this was a fun one full of cherished memories that we will hold onto for a lifetime plus more! 





1 comment:

  1. Love the costumes! Good Job Heather and Michael:) I will say I am just a little jealous of the trip to Waffle House ..we don't have those here in Utah and I am missing me some hashbrowns about right now:(
    anyways...yall look great. love the pirates...i'm sure everyone loved yall at the ward. Way to introduce the McGowan tradition to Missouri:)

    ReplyDelete