Sometimes I can hardly believe it, but we have a Kindergartener! :) We went to meet Haiden's teacher on Monday August 12. He has Mrs. Birkland!
![]() |
| Haiden's classic pose in front of his classroom door! |
| Another pose in front of the bulletin board where they put the fishes that they colored. KK had to pose with him. |
He woke up on his first day August 14, super excited! He got dressed, ate breakfast, watched half of one of his favorite tv shows, took pictures, had family prayer, and then off we went!
| I love that they love each other so much. Best Pals. |
| The amigos are now broken up during the day. Both K and Logan are always so excited when he comes home. |
![]() |
| My brave, smart, confident, funny little man on his first day! |
| Haiden and Mrs. Birkland! |
| My view as I held back a few tears and walked away. |
My prayer for Haiden is that he always remembers who he is and how important he is. He has a very smart head on those little shoulders, and I have no doubt that he will do awesome in life. It all starts at Kindergarten right? I put my seat belt on and hold on for the ride of watching him make decisions. I know he knows his family loves him and supports him, and will always be here to help.
I pray he will meet and choose good friends. I also pray that he will stop chatting so much at the lunch table so that he will have time to finish his food! ;)
When we picked him up yesterday afternoon, he was happy. And that meant everything to me. He told us what he did, and who he sat by. He told us that he "made a few jokes at his table." He laughed and told us his made-up joke: "Knock Knock Who's there? Banana Pants!" He said that he made everyone laugh. ;) Then he told us about how he went to Art, and that it was not in his classroom, but an art room. He said he made three pictures, but he only kept two because the art teacher asked if she could keep one. At recess, he met up with Sam and Matthew-- 2 friends he made in his summer school class this past June. (I so badly want to meet this Sam who I heard so much about over summer, and who apparently is still his recess friend!)
I dropped him off today for his second day-- I love that he still lets me hug him and will still tell me "I love you" before I leave him. I have been walking him up to the building, and I love that he will hold my hand the whole way. Tomorrow we will start dropping off like we are supposed to, but oh how I cherish these moments! One day, he won't want to hold my hand as he walks to a school building- I know that- and I am so grateful that I know that. Because I know it, I can truly live in the moments when he does hold it and not take it for granted.
We went back and forth on him starting public school or homeschooling him. For this year, I know we made the right decision. He truly enjoys school and shows a confidence in himself that I admire. Todays world is of deteriorating morals and corrupt ideas which will always cause us to question and keep an eye out-- but for this moment I feel happy and blessed that we truly live in a great community with excellent public schools- we live 5 mins from his school which is surrounded by nice neighborhoods. I am thrilled for him and am anxious to hear about each day for the rest of the year.


No comments:
Post a Comment