Wednesday, October 3, 2012

For My Wonderful Utah Friends:

"Out at lunch today. I'm thankful for being lead to a job I love and that gives me a lot of time with my kids and wife. And the years spent studying and away from home- they're hard to remember. Off to the pumpkin patch!" - This was Michael's status on Facebook today. 

It made me really think about our last year in Utah. I realized when I read his status that I would disagree and say that the last year of Michael's clinical are burned into my memory.  They are easy for to me remember. I remember so many nights that I sadly cried and went to bed alone, then woke up the next day to Haiden and Kailey needing me to be happy and energetic while being pregnant with Logan. I remember daily repetition and having to take care of everything on my own. I definitely gained respect for single moms with young kids. But, I also remember play dates and girl nights. I remember certain friends stepping into my life and uplifting me even if they didn't know it. Whether it was meeting at the play ground and listening to each others life complaints and happiness, coming by late at night to offer me treats or bread, carpet cleaning my apt, helping me with my kids esp during each and every ob doctor visit, meeting up to eat, always being a call away when I needed help, taking my kids over night when Logan was born, offering a smile or a hug at church when all I really wanted to do was go back home.... I could truly go on and on with this list. 

I made it through those months mostly because of friends. I love them all so much for showing me that friends are important in ones life, that it's okay to ask for help, and that I didn't have to be completely alone. 

You know exactly who are and shame on me for not posting this sooner. I miss so many of you and think of you often. I wish I would have taken more pictures so I could post some, but words will have to be good enough. 

Thank you for being my friends and for literally getting me through the harder times when I often thought I'd loose my mind. Ya'll blessed my life more than anyone else during that time, and I hope ya'll think back and remember me as a good friend too. 

Ya'll. Are. Awesome. 

1 comment:

  1. I just love you Heather :-) Wish you guys still lived here!

    ReplyDelete