Monday, April 2, 2012
No April Fooling....
We really are expecting our fourth baby in November.
A few people asked, and I suppose I should have explained better why I love the due date. It is nothing special... just one my more favored months. :)
Since we celebrate birthdays in our family in February, March, July, and August-- I figured if I could plan our last baby I'd want him/her to be born in May, October, or November. My favorite two months of those three picks is either May or November mainly because if you know anything about our family we love Halloween, so having a baby during Oct would slightly dampen our festivities (I can work with a huge belly when deciding costumes, not so much with taking a newborn out for trick or treating). So I was pretty happy to find out that this baby will make his/her debut in November.
If anyone is wondering.. this will probably be our last baby. It feels kinda sad to say that, I have mixed emotions. I do feel like 4 is a great number-- it certainly isn't a small amount of kids either. I think of the future and how crazy 4 kids to keep up with is going to feel. I will have been pregnant and have put my body through the birthing process 4 times. Let me tell you, it's not easy, but at the same time I don't mind being pregnant at all. And, I find that as long as everything is going well in the hospital... I love my visit. I get pampered and what girl doesn't love that?! I will say that a lot of the hospital experience has a good bit to do with the hospital and staff. I do not care too much for St. Dominics' care after having experienced two other hospitals in Utah which were both amazing. Do not get me wrong though, I'm not in no way saying St. D was terrible. My other hospital experiences were just way better. ;)
With the last baby comes the finality of looking at him/her and knowing that this will be the "last" everything. Not only the last pregnancy, but everything that comes with having a new little baby. It may seem tough in some ways once the new baby arrives, but everything passes so quickly! No one looks forward to the possible sleepless nights with a newborn, breastfeeding (my personal mountain), the amount of diapers, etc. This will be our fourth time, and when I think over all those times... they were exhausting, but I think back fondly nonetheless. My little man Haiden will turn 5 this year! 5! It's hard to believe and while I love watching him grow, a part of me wishing there was such a thing as "slow growth" spray.
"Fourth and Final" sounds wonderful to my ears, and a little bittersweet to my heart. I get my head back on straight when I think about how fun they get as they get older and all the fun things we can do as they get older. Since they are all close in age, those fun things will sorta happen all together, which I love.
So it is not final yet, but it is CLOSE to being final in one or another because "fourth and final" may sound bitter sweet... but "fifth and final" sounds crazy. Isn't it funny how when I think of four, I think we can do this. I think five and my head spins a little. Oddly, I don't feel bitter sweet about that though. I feel like, "Fifth?! really.. I will happily take that and say no more. Thank you for my wonderful blessings and I count them forever bc five is more than enough."
So you can see how I have mixed emotions. We will have to just leave it up to prayer, because I know Heavenly Father doesn't have mixed emotions. He knows, and he'll just have to lead us in this decision. For now though, "Fourth and Final" is where we are standing just not on the firmest ground yet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That seriously is SO exciting!! :) Mine WAS in fact an April Fools joke. I get a similar feeling. My kids will both be in school this August so it will be hard for me to want to go back to paying for day care and the sleepless nights. (Jons says we are done) and I believed and wanted to be done as well but everytime I tell myself we are done something little fights back with me so it always makes me wonder if we are supposed to or will be blessed with another. Kids are so lovely and such joys. I figure we are still young and have time to think about it. (though the gap between my kids and said baby gets bigger and bigger as time goes on I may need to have a 4th.) Congratulations!!! That is awesome!
ReplyDeleteThank you! You know it is funny bc that morning (april 1) we saw your post, and Michael was like "See Heather, She is having another. It's not crazy." haha!! And I was like, "Babe.. it is April Fools.... she could be fooling everyone." He laughed, but that was when we decided to announce it so people could feel some doubt or a "double april fools" as Michael called it.
DeleteBut thanks again! You are so sweet. I wish we would have gotten to know each other better when we lived close. And that's true there is plenty of time to think about it-- the age gap might not be so bad-- it would could be your little spoiled rotten mascot plus you'd have tons of sibling help. ;)
Our problem is this: If we don't decide this is our last, there will for sure be another bc my body doesn't like birth control-- so it's like either this is the last and we get tubes tied.. or this isn't and we plan another within the next few years...
Wow. You are brave. I am still debating about #2. :) Good for you!
ReplyDeletehaha!! I think you should stop debating and just have another. ;) Your little girl is too precious-- another like her wouldn't be so bad at all. SO do it! ;)
Delete