Thank you to my Heavenly Father for this amazing blessing. I've prayed everyone morning before clinical to do an excellent job in anesthesia, to be the best I could possibly be for the patients placed in my care. I'm thankful for this great experience. I absolutely love anesthesia- it is the funnest, scariest, most rewarding thing I've ever done and its amazing someone's going to actually pay me to do it. I look forward to moving beyond school and getting into my own practice. Its a great responsibility- I feel prepared and welcome the challenges and rewards. My two youngest kids, Kailey and Logan, have never known their dad not being in school and I doubt Haiden remembers what its like either :) I'm looking forward to the next chapter- it will be great to work, support my family, be a dad and a husband first, to enjoy my kids and my beautiful wife!
For family and friends: My Comment in the MSNA graduation program.
I remember hoping this day would one day come. I wasn't even sure I would be accepted into a program, let alone end up in Utah. Our time here has been great. We enjoyed real snow and real mountains for the first time. Through the struggles, we've grown closer as a family. There will be no more weeks away from the wife and kids. I hope for a better life for my family and to devote more of my time to them. I'de like to thank my wife for all that she is. We had Kailey during the first year of didactics, Logan during the second year of clinical, and Haiden from the beginning. Without my wife's strength, love, and patience, our family could not have made it. Thank you, Chris and James, for taking a chance on a small-town guy from Mississippi. Thank you to my grandfather for all the support. To my family, every little sacrifice helped make our burdens lighter. Westminster, I know the education you've provided will forever change my life and those in it. Best of Luck to Westminster's Masters of Science in Nurse Anesthesia Class of 2011!
- Michael

Yay!! I am so excited for you guys! Sad you are leaving but so happy you're done with school, there is no better feeling! Just think, in less than a year , your kids won't even remember you being in school at all! Heather keep in touch and give me your cornbread makin' tricks before you go :-)
ReplyDeleteThank you for your sweet comment! :)) I'm sad to leave such good friends-- :/ but i'm glad there is always Facebook right?
ReplyDeleteMy cornbread makin' tricks revolve around Martha White-- which isn't sold in Utah, but! I will leave you my stash of Martha White Cornmeal before I leave along with a recipe. :)