I have a wonderful, beautiful daughter whom I've decided to brag on today:)
Almost 2 years ago, our family was blessed with this little baby girl:
Kailey Emarie McGowan
It's always fun to watch little ones grow. This is miss Kailey in her first swim suit. Those droopy cheeks were so, so kissable. But, don't be fooled; this sweet baby came with way more maintenance than our first born (but hey, she is a girl after all, right?).
And, the more she grew... the more we fell in love with her blooming personality.
She watches and learns with a zest that says "I can do that too."
And let me just go ahead and say that the girl was blessed with great hair. She had quite a bit when she was born, never lost much of it, and it has continuously grown. It's curly and cute; and totally fits her big personality.
I feel like she went from baby face, and to child face over night.
She definitely has a girly flare about her! I'm grateful that in the midst of brothers, she has prevailed in pink. ;)
Look out world..
She is mischievous, independent, lovable, stubborn, and fun.
My typical day (give or take mischievousness): She wakes up and usually has to have juice and breakfast. Making her wait for breakfast will promptly begin a round of whinning in which she will end up in the refrigerator trying to get it out herself or in the cabinets trying to find a bowl or spoon. I did mention that she is independent and stubborn, right?
I have randomly found her brushing her teeth (climbed on the counter by herself and I just happen to hear water running), dressing herself, going through my makeup, in cabinets, in the pantry pulling out any piece of food that looks tasty. She has recently added randomly pulling her diaper off and advancing to the bathroom to her list. She is very stubborn when it comes to this potty training business, especially since it was all her idea to start. She will stubbornly sit on the potty until she thinks she is done-- nevermind if she actually did just pee and therefore doesn't need to pee anymore. You must wait or pick her up and let her scream; But doing that only means she will fight you while trying to put a diaper back on. And lets face it, I want her to be potty trained. We are moving this month and she isn't quite 2 years old yet so I'm not totally as ready as she seems to be. Oh well, we are gonna roll with the punches and little miss priss is getting pull ups this month. And let me say.. she can kick and scream at her brother like a tiny pro. He has taught her well and if she's in a stink mood, well haiden better look out. She picks her own clothes out to wear and has been doing that for months now.. luckily she usually picks things that match. ;) This is just the tip of her iceberg personality; I could go on and on.
She knows what she wants, and will not stop until she gets it. If I never have another little girl, I won't mind at all... KK is plenty wonderful and plenty girl for us. We pray for each of our children every day, and in my prayers for K I want her to always remember who she is and that she is important, special, and loved.
She may be able to drive me insane and induce a headache in mere seconds on a daily basis, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I love watching and seeing her unique personality more and more.






I like how she wakes up early in the morning just for her "alone" time. I don't think she web really likes the strawberry shortcake tv shows- she just likes watching "her" show w dad. If you blog more I'll comment more and that way it's like a journal of sorts..
ReplyDeleteGreat post Lil Heather, hope all is well with you and the fam -- from what I read it seems it is.
Delete