Kailey starts Kindergarten this coming year and I thought it would be a great help if she went to summer school! For kindergarteners it is a great few weeks that are spent learning how to be a kindergartener and to see how they react to a full day away from home. So I may or may not have asked Haiden to go as well. For other grades it is fun because they get to choose unique and interesting electives so I think he enjoyed his time as well!
![]() |
| 1st day of Summer School as a Kindergartener and 2nd grader! |
Kailey loved it!
She would wake in the mornings excited to get dressed and go to school every day. It was also exciting because Kailey's summer teacher ended up being the same teacher Haiden had for 1st grade! It was a double win bc we loved her and already knew her!
![]() |
| Ella and Logan certainly loved picking their brother and sister up early in the afternoons. I snapped the picture above on one of those afternoons when they were anxiously waiting for them. |
And of course summer school is very laid back and I wanted to check them out early on several days which I did. Kailey sometimes would tell me not to get her which was awesome and sad for me at the same time because I definitely missed having her around our home. And, there were even some days where Haiden would stay home and Kailey would say "but I can still go, right mom?"
I will say summer school definitely helps my heart. We did the same thing when Haiden started Kindergarten, and I felt the same that year as well. Summer school helps take the sting out of the "official" 1st day of school, and that means I'm not a blubbering mess on that first morning. My heart also has a chance to prepare for what a day would feel like without them.... we survived.
Thank you to our awesome elementary school!



No comments:
Post a Comment