Haiden was fully counting by age 2 and shortly after easily became familiar with the Alphabet. By age 3 he was writing the alphabet and knew every sound. One day, before Kailey was born, he and I were riding in the car when I told him to hold up his hands. He did as I asked and I explained the concept of left and right. From that one tiny moment, he grasped what I had said and learned. At age 4 we decided to take on numbers by learning 1-100 along with adding and subtracting. More recently he has worked on vowels and putting sounds together. This morning he read a book nearly on his own! I only helped prompt him sounding out a few words. At age 5, he is reading small books!
I am in no way saying he is unique or extremely above average, but I am saying I am so very proud of him! He is a great learner. He has always easily picked up anything we have taught him.
I have loved having the opportunity to have "school" with him these past 5 years. His accomplishments are truly his own as we have only been a guidance through it all. Every one learns at a different pace... I am learning that as I begin this same journey with our little miss Kailey. :))
I'm counting our blessings as I recall listening and watching Haiden read to me this morning. I am so grateful to have been blessed to be this little mans mom. Congratulations to the both of us for reaching a goal :)

No comments:
Post a Comment