Monday, February 4, 2013

Ella's Blessing Day!




A blessed baby is a happy baby.

February 3, 2013
"My mom bought me a white dress, 
Not red or pink or blue.
She said it was a special dress
Like very other few.
There has been just one before, 
A dress now put away,
That I wore some time ago
Upon my blessing day.
As a little baby clothed
In my first white dress, 
My dad held me in his arms.
There to name and bless."

This is the first part of a poem I keep in my scriptures. It always brings tears to my eyes as it reminds me what I want so badly for my daughters.  Little girls are so precious and the first of these white dresses is a very special moment.
I feel so unbelievably blessed in moments like we experienced yesterday.  

Our beautiful baby Ella is so small, yet so full of life.  She is pure, straight from Heaven and was such a touching sight in her blessing dress. 
After the blessing, I held her in my arms throughout church trying to memorize that moment. How grateful I am to our Heavenly Father for placing such a sweet spirit in our lives and for the blessing of knowing that we will be a family forever. 
I love the gospel of Jesus Christ and how it has changed our lives. I love the family the Lord has blessed us with and I pray so so often that we will remain worthy of such an enormously wonderful blessing.

















No comments:

Post a Comment