I love hearing what people are most thankful for in their lives. Thanksgiving is a month for us all to really reflect and appreciate the people and blessings we hold most dear. I personally feel like I don't need a month devoted to this because I find myself constantly grateful throughout the year. But, in the spirit of the holiday I have decided to list here what I'm thankful for this year.
1. I am thankful for the gospel of Jesus Christ and that I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Our family is strong and happy because we have this amazing gift in our lives. We choose to live each day a certain way, and those choices are guided by our testimonies of Jesus Christ and his atoning sacrifice. We try to show our gratitude to Heavenly Father by living our lives in a way that defines are faith and who we are.
2. I am thankful for my husband and best friend. Michael has always put his family first and works hard to support us. He shows how much he cares for me and our kids daily. A day never goes by that I don't hear him say "I Love You" and most days he tells me how beautiful he thinks I am. We have trust in one another and in our relationship. We have learned how to communicate and argue quietly for the most part. ;) My life with Michael is a blessing from Heavenly Father that I truly hold dear. I have loved every second of our marriage. In all our time together I have never once been bored or needed a break... he never gets on my nerves. ;) I love watching him play with our kids-- he is a great dad. I think he knows how thankful I am to have him in my life, but it never hurts to say it again and again.
3. I am thankful for Haiden. Our first little boy is now five. He is smart, thoughtful, kind, good natured, funny... He loves Kailey and Logan; and I can tell has already made a special place in his big heart for Ella. I know there are a lot of great kids and wonderful big brothers out in the world, and I'd like to tell the world that Haiden is one of those. He is genuinely a great kid and he shows his love for his family easily.
4. I am thankful for Kailey. Our beautiful, bright eyed, curly hair girl is certainly someone to be thankful to have in our lives. She keeps things interesting with her determination and strong willingness. She is sweet and caring, and at the same time there is an enduring quality of knowing what she wants and not easily giving up. I used to think it was crazy how quickly she can go from super sweet to blow up sassy, but I've come to see that is her personality: sweet and sassy all in one beautiful little soul that I personally feel blessed to have in my life.
5. I am thankful for my tough Logan who somedays seems more like a big kid joining in with his big brother and sister playing, while others he is truly my little toddler. He is smart and achieving. His love for his family shines through his little eyes and can melt my heart easily. Definitely our toughest child, he has learned to hold his own and wield a sword for playtime. He loves attention and irritating his sister. I love watching him grow and learn.
6. I am thankful for Ella. Our newest addition that was just born this month. Firstly, I am thankful she is here and healthy. I am thankful for a great labor and delivery that I know Heavenly Father blessed us with. Ella has been very nice her mom by letting me sleep at night... She wakes up to eat and so kindly goes right back to sleep. Her demeanor reminds of Haiden's in many ways. She seems calm and collected. I am very grateful that Heavenly Father has given us the opportunity to be her parents, as well as parents to our other kids. I don't want her to grow up too quickly, but I'm excited to see her personality as time passes.
7. I'm grateful for our extended family. It is true that sometimes we are very happy we live out of state, while other times we think it would be nice to be closer. I'm grateful no matter what though that we can visit each other. Even though there are times that we don't always get along or understand, we can always forgive and love each other in the end. Family is important and I am thankful for ours.
8. I'm thankful for Michael's job. It provides for our family, but it is also a job that he truly enjoys. He comes home happy and also the schedule is great because we get to see a lot of him. He likes where he works, who he works with, and what he does. I feel blessed that the Lord led us through his schooling and has allowed us to make it through everything. We have a safe place to live and are happy.
9. I'm thankful that we were able to have family visit with us for this particular holiday and that we had enough room in our house for all of them. Here are a few pictures from their visit:
Logan and Lillian were pretty cute together. Logan let her in his cabinet "hideout". He so kindly pulled out tons of plastic ware to make room for her. :)
I'm so happy that we got to see Lillian. It had been a long time. She has grown so much and is so pretty! We enjoyed seeing her little personality and listening to her "talk" which was often very loud. This little girl knows how to make sure everyone hears her and she's got some pretty good dance moves that she so kindly showed us at nighttime during our "singing and praying time" before bed.
Logan was pretty nice to her throughout the visit which I'm glad. He loves attention and playing with other kids, so having someone his very size around was neat. I am 100% sure that if we lived closer, they could be best buds and he'd no doubt make sure she could climb slides and play swords just as he does, or else she'd hate visiting us. ;)
The kids love their Uncle D.
Meme holding baby Ella. She is just a week old here.
The kids with Meme and Aunt Donna! They loved visiting with them and were sad when everyone had to leave.
While everyone was here we went to Union Station, the Plaza, and Arthur Bryant's BBQ.
And here is a video of Logan looking at the trains. "OOO" and "Look" were all we heard as we walked through the huge miniature train area. He loved this place!


No comments:
Post a Comment