Monday, May 7, 2012

Our sick baby girl...




We took Kailey to her first real "sick" doctors appointment.  She has a throat infection and slight pneumonia, which means he heard a little bit of fluid in her right lung.  She was given an antibiotic injection in the office and then a prescription for another antibiotic. This is the first time we've really had a pretty sick child, and It was the first time I've ever had to fill a prescription for an antibiotic. 

She has been like this for over a week:




We are praying that she will get better this week and the antibiotic will start working.  This is her fourth day of taking it. It just makes me so sad to see her sick for so long-- I truly feel for those parents out there who have to watch their children suffering from long term illnesses. I could not imagine their pain in feeling like they just can't do anything to take it away... the feeling of being helpless. I pray every night for our children's health. It's so important and possibly a blessing that could be overlooked.  I've also become aware of another weakness of my own I'm going to pray for... I am annoyed by key-family members who haven't asked about her.  No questions, no real regard. I said she is sick, do you not want to know what's wrong?! How sad is that? And I'm not talking about their behalf, but mine. Why must I think that way? It's of no real consequence that some people haven't asked after her. It is a silly thing when looking at the large spectrum of things. (Thank you family who have called, and have genuinely asked. And to the others, I'm sorry I have been annoyed with you.)






I just love this little girl to pieces....





I'm so ready to hear her sweet laughter again---




1 comment:

  1. i just saw this blog post..my heart is broken..i'm actually crying...poor KK...so so sick. i love her, cant wait to see her.. 22 more days:) i remember seeing her while she was sick on facetime she was so sad...i hated that i couldn't hold her...:(((

    ReplyDelete